Friday, July 17, 2020

Secret Subject Swap/Use Your Words Mashup: Rantings of the Insane

This year has been a real freaking shit show.

A shit show of EPIC proportions. 

It makes me mad because I said that 2020 was going to be my year.

Evidently, that meant my year of apocalyptic bullshit. 

But I digress.

I'm finding that we are trying to rebuild our lives, the economy, each other and it is really taxing. We are all working hard and it is leaving like proverbial blisters on our hands. But will we be able to do it? You've got the Orange Idiot in office telling people that "science shouldn't prevent kids from being back in school..." *insert eye roll* 

What will we be doing in the fall? In my family, we are leading a more bohemian life. We will be teaching the kids ourselves, because, you know, we live in a hot bed here in Florida. Sebastian and Anastasia will be 16 next week *JESUS!* Caleb will be 11 in August. 

We are going to take in some museums...virtually, of course. Or, if it is safe, we might go in person. Find exhibits that are relevant to what we are learning about. Maybe find a place that teaches chemistry so the kids can learn about things like silicon and whatnot. We will be avoiding all things numerical, because I don't math and I am a firm believer that you don't need anything but the basics lol.

Regardless, we are smack in the middle of July, we didn't get fireworks like we usually do. My neighbors are STILL setting off some and it is kind of annoying. Yes, I'm THAT old. I have to get up at 6:40 am for work...which I do from home now and absolutely love, except I'm so damn tired all the time. I blame that on the depression. So...freaking...much is going on in my personal life that it feels more like dynamite instead of fireworks. I'm not sure what the rest of the year brings, but I'm hoping it will be something beautiful, sparkly and bright...

Like fireworks in the night sky.

This is a mashup of the Secret Subject Swap and Use Your Words, because I didn't get the chance to post my SSS last week, due to a personal family issue. My mind still isn't right and I'm still kind of laser focused on dealing with the issue from last week, so I apologize for the rambling.
My SSS prompt was "Fireworks."  and it was submitted by A‘lil HooHaa. Thanks for the prompt. 
My UYW words are "rebuild ~ bohemian ~ exhibit ~ silicon ~ numerical ~ blisters" and it was submitted by Part-timeWorking Hockey Mom. Thanks for the fun words!

Click the links below to see what my friends have for you! 

Climaxed       
Part-time Working Hockey Mom

5 comments:


  1. I know you've been going through a lot, you know I'm here if you need to talk or vent. In the meantime, let me remind you that you are your own fireworks: beautiful, sparkling and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all you have going on you still managed an awesome job with your words!
    I am in awe of what so many have on their plate and still manage to keep family, job and pandemic in their proper places.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you took the time to put them together. Hey life happens and right now it REALLY sucks don't be so hard on yourself. You can tell that you are a great mom even though some days you probably don't feel like it. These are insane times and we're going through shit we've never had to navigate before. I hope things in your home life improves. Stress can be a killer so take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chin up lovely. I'm in Florida too and it's nerve racking to say the least. Praise God my kids are grown so I don't have to deal with that. If you'd like to go to the beach sometime, hit me up. We live oceanside 😄 Everyone social distances really well here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mashup. Wishing you restful, easy days ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Criticism? Just need to vent? Do that here!