Usually, for this post, I do a twist ending post.
Today, I'm not going to do that.
Several years ago...I want to say 5 or so, but I'm not 100% sure, I joined a fandom that had been around for several years.
Thursday, 11/19, the show for that fandom is coming to an end.
I am a HUGE Supernatural fan.
This show has been amazing and I'm so sad it is coming to and end.
When my life has felt like a disaster, this show brought me some much needed comfort. If I'm not mistaken, the first time I watched it, I was laid up in bed sick. I found the show in Netflix and watched the first episode.
One of my favorite quotes from the show came from Bobby Singer, played by the iconic Jim Beaver. It goes "Family don't end with blood, boy". And that's true. The SPN fandom is like a little family of weirdos.
Next week, we are going to see if, as the theme song for the show goes, there will be peace when they are done (Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas), as we will say goodbye to the Winchesters for the last time. It will be emotional and I'm not sure if I'm ready or not, but regardless, it's going to happen.
#AFK....always keep fighting.
Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
My words were "holiday ~ family ~ disaster ~ relief ~ crockpot" and they were given to me by the Queen Bee herself, Karen from Baking In A Tornado.
Visit the links below to see what my friends have for you!




I just don't get how they let shows with loyal followings end during Covid. Now is the time when people need escape more than ever.
ReplyDeleteI hope there is peace, and that you find another show that captivates you as much as this one did.
You've got yourself some "Thanksgiving Words" and turned it into something entirely different, way to go!
ReplyDeleteWow! I will have to watch this show! I know Jared from Gilmore Girls (which I also caught up with after its run ended and the entire show was available for binge-ing on Netflix) Somehow, it never appealed to Husby and so I never actually sought it out...
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of it but I have had in that broke my heart. Even a couple of reality shows!
ReplyDeleteit's great finding a fandom that you know you fit in with or just to be around other fans of your favorite shows. there's a bob's burgers group I'm in on facebook, and it's one of the most supportive and wholesome places I've seen online...which is fitting for the show. Sorry you have to say goodbye to one of your favorites. it's always so difficult!
ReplyDelete