Friday, February 12, 2021

A Lesson Slowly Received

I laid my head down, huffing at the events of the day. It was stupid...the day should have been awesome, like always. 

It wasn't.

It's almost like I was jinxed

First, I was just minding my business, hanging out when all of this sudden, this little entitled brat started blowing raspberries at me! Who does that? I didn't do anything to this kid, yet here they are, being mean. Then, I went to get in the pool to cool off because it's hot and I got in the wrong end! UGH, it was just FAR too deep for me. I had to be rescued. Talk about embarrassing!

I ordered my food and was absolutely STARVING and, of course it was late. Then, I stubbed my toe, fell over a branch and took a pinecone to the head.

Today should have been full of infinite possibilities, but instead, it was full of no good bad luck. 

After I ate, I decided to take a nap and couldn't because they are building something next door  and it was so loud. So I got up and just lounged around. I had a headache from the pinecone to the noggin. I was NOT in the mood for dealing with this.

Finally, the noise started to die down. 

A peace settled across my house, one that was missing most of the day.

I ordered some more food and it made it here on time. I did a couple of laps in a pool that was just right for me. I enjoyed some snacks, then I decided to call it a day.

I laid my head down, huffing at the events of the day. It was stupid...but at least I'm alive. It should have been awesome, like always...maybe it was what I made it? Could be. 

I closed my eyes, sleepy and comfortable. 

Tomorrow is a new day for this sloth and I'm going to make the best of it!


Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

My words were "sleepy ~ infinite ~ deep ~ raspberries ~ jinxed" and they were submitted by On the Border. Thanks for the words!

See what my friends have for you below!


Baking In A Tornado                   
On the Border                           
Wandering Web Designer             
Climaxed                                     


5 comments:

  1. With all that's going on in this country, I wish I was that sloth, bump on the noggin and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The day should have been awesome, like always" - setting the bar high, are we? I hear pool. food, nap - sound awesome enough to me.

    Have an awesome weekend - what ever this entails for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Poor little sloth! (You had me going...no way I put it together till I reached the punchline!)
    Great job with the words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure why my comment didn't go through last night. Here I go again:

    "The day should have been awesome, like always" - setting the bar high, are we? I hear pool. food, nap - sound awesome enough to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was feeling sorry for you, then I felt sorry for the sloth! I love sloths! That is me in the animal world.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Criticism? Just need to vent? Do that here!