Friday, August 6, 2021

It's A Gift

Some people are talented musicians. 

Some people can draw.

Some can take stunning pictures.

You see where I'm going with this, right? 

Some people have talent with some to spare. Others...well, we have quirks, little things about us that some might consider a special talent.

Here are some of my quirks.

~ I have a plethora of obscure movie quotes in my head and, often times, it just takes a single word for me to word vomit a quote. Then I get offended if someone doesn't recognize it.

~ For some reason, I recognize commercial/bit actors and can tell you what commercial they were in.

~ I can type without really looking at the keyboard. This comes in handy when I'm setting up a new app on my Roku TV. My husband usually has me take his typing assessments for him because I can type better than he can.

~ I get an odd sense of pride when I build a house on Sims 4 and my Sim really likes it. It's like, good job, me! 

~ Speaking of Sims 4, when I play through with a Sim who is an interior designer and the client loves the redesign my Sim does, I feel like that is a job well done for me too. (Or I guess exclusively, because I'm the one making the decisions)

~ I felt a sense of pride when I found out that I didn't have sleep apnea. lol Go Me!

~ I have the ability pick up things with my toes and I do it often. 

~ I can find the perfect GIF for a conversation just about every time.

Okay, so maybe these aren't "talents" but they are weird things that bring me joy when I do them. I don't really consider myself a talents person. Every so often, I take an awesome picture. I'm decent at writing. I can't draw, paint or sculpt worth a damn. I can play the piano and somewhat read sheet music, but it helps me to write the notes out. I used to be pretty good at singing, but as I've gotten older, my voice isn't as good as it was.

What are some of your odd talents?

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This month 5 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

My prompt was "We all have little quirks and "skills." I can usually correctly guess a voice actor or music vocalist after only hearing a few seconds of their voice, and I always get a little rush when I get it right. What's a weird talent you have that brings you joy?" and it was submitted by the talented Jenniy from Climaxed. Thanks for the fun prompt!

See what my friends have by clicking the links below!

Baking In A Tornado

Wandering Web Designer

Climaxed

Part-time Working Hockey Mom

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty good with movie quotes as well. We could quiz ech other, even though I would probably not have watched the movies you like and vice versa? Usually I will recognize a song from the 1980s within a few seconds, oh, and up to that day, I can tell you my elementary school mates' DOB, the name of their siblings and their address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very talented, but the quirky abilities that bring you joy are by far the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I'm going to be imagining you picking up stuff with your toes! I used to be able to do that but arthritis put a stop to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is exactly what i meant. just weird things you can do that make you smile! and I'm the same with movie quotes. i get offended every time it goes over someone's head. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Criticism? Just need to vent? Do that here!